Skip to main content

Gaming and Fitness - Year One #gamedevdiet

Ok, So maybe not a full year - but last July I blogged about our attempts to keep healthy - and in the intervening time I've kind of worked out what I like doing.

I mentioned last July I enjoyed the boxing games on the EA game enough that I did make it to some boxercise classes at Riverside - the first one was lovely, mixed small group - but I ached afterwards - for days. I went to a couple more but the ratio of males / females soon dropped to just males (in fact entirely made up out of other trainers in the gym and some of my 2nd year students) So since I wasn't really enjoying it I gave it up.

Zumba's still going strong, in fact I brought the Zumab Wii game from Tesco - out of curiosity and some good reviews, and it's pretty faithful to Emily's classes, which meant a year of Zumba hasn't been wasted if I can score 'Zumba Pro' on my first attempt.

I also picked up a second hand Wii Fit Plus Kit, so now we have a balance board - and I have to admit it's pretty good fun - even Pete was having a go. It also unlocks a whole series of extra exercises in the EA Personal Trainer - whch is good, because I did get a little bored of that.

I also have Just Dance - again, which I've only scratched the surface of..

Which leaves me to a dilemma - I don't want want to get bored of any of them, and I'm determined to do 30 mins every morning of Wii Related exercise - and I think I have a solution (and it is in fairness the same solution I have for most things) - LET THE DICE DECIDE!


3 - Zumba

And we'll see how we go, if I get bored, if I actually lose weight...

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)