Skip to main content

Great British Bake Off - Season 4 #GBBO - Ep1 - Cake

Signature

Having only just got back into the swing of making big cakes, for CCC, this worries me less then it used to, but it still stresses me out. None of them really appeal though.

Technical Challenge

Angel cake, that looks terrifying - I know I don't have the patience for that kind of thing. I'm not even sure I've ever eaten it - it looks a faff.

Show Stopper

I also hate baking with chocolate - it fills me with dread. At least it gets this out of the way I suppose. not an easy one to start off, but I suppose by now everyone must know what is expected from GBBO and has to raise their game accordingly.

Contestants

It's still too early to get a grip on them - but some of them are emerging onto twitter:

Beca (The Welsh one) - @BecaMurphLP
Toby - (The one who got voted off) - @bake_down

I can't remember the rest of the names so I'm sure they'll appear / form as people. 13 Is a bit too many to get to know at the start isn't it. Not surprised Toby was voted off, I suppose if you can't take the pressure on the first session - but I wouldn't have got even that far so hats off to him.

It's also far, far too early to even have a favorite.

The Guardian has a list of them

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)