Skip to main content

Meat Feast Weekend - Friday night

So, my first night of being allowed to cook what I want means I spent most of the day racking my brains on what I could cook (the burden of freedom). With a veg box coming on Wednesday I decided not to plan ahead too far but it's Friday night so I thought I'd give a recipe I've been meaning to try since I brought my first ever proper cookbook in the first year of uni.

Nigella Bites is easily my number 1, favourite cookbook, of the hundreds that I own. It's not the most comprehensive, it's not even the one I use most, but it was the first cookbook had that gave me an idea of the kind of cook I wanted to be, while actually being achievable. You can tell by the splattered pages and the singed corners it's been well used and almost every photo in it is emblazoned in my mind.

Which meant I knew exactly what I wanted to cook tonight. Nigella's Chicken with Chorizo and Cannellini Beans  - It's also super quick to make and scoped for one, which is handy. 

I'm not used to how expensive meat is to buy, so I'm off setting the cost of the meat I'll be buying over the next few weeks by not having any alcohol while I was on my own. I'm also trying to make sure I use everything by the time Pete returns from Scotland - which means I have a lot of Bernard Matthews Turkey Drummers to get through (they were on offer, don't judge me, everyone has a weakness).

{Post Dinner Update}

It was good, but I realised how rusty I was cooking meat, and how unsure I was of my ability to check it was cooked properly - I'll need to get more confident if I'm cooking a roast chicken Sunday lunch for 6 in two days time.

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)