Skip to main content

World Cup Boycott #anti_worldcup

I'm back from an awesome holiday and the fact that it's World Cup 2010 has hit hard, not because I care about football (I don't, I really don't) but because you can't escape it. This year is worse then ever so an idea I was playing around yesterday has taken a little bit more form.

I'm boycotting services, products, companies etc that are using the World Cup to market their products. Just for the duration of the games - so Until 11th of July.

I don't have anything against the games exactly, it isn't news, despite what they want us to think, and I hope everyone who follows it has a great time doing, but I'm opting out.

You can join us, click on the title of this blog and it will take you to the facebook group, or use the twitter hashtag #anti_worldcup

I can at least drink happily in Joxers!

http://tinyurl.com/WCBoycott

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)