Skip to main content

Spring Makeover

Having decided recently I wear jeans too much - and I was further inspired by Helen from Answer Me This! - who it transpires never wears jeans, I've decided to explore more in the way of pretty dresses, and some slightly more grown up, girly outfits.

It helps that a year of Zumba and now Boxercise and a lot of walking means I've dropped a dress size!

So, since it was payday, and new seasons fashions are in I skipped around town to much dismay (even TKMaxx let me down) - before heading into http://www.jadeclothing.co.uk/ and picking up the 3 pretty wrap dresses I spotted when I popped in the other day - one from Hobbs, another from Whistles and a slightly more party type dress from Guess. They all work nicely with the little ankle boots I picked up in the New Look sale. I'm sure photos will appear at some point.

What I couldn't find this morning was a suitable coat so I've this one winging it's way from good ol' Fashion Union

It's the closest I've found in my price range to the coat Zoey Deschanel wears in Yes Man
(There's a raft of blog posts like this one, trying to find it, and the one I've brought does also come in navy - but I've been wearing a navy military style coat all winter and I need something a little brighter - the original is vintage, and probably tweaked by the costume designer) but it is a good idea of the overall look I'm going for. Which bring me onto two points.

  1. The hunt for the mystical perfect pair of knee high boots (I'll save this for another blog post)
  2. What to do with my hair...
Since Pete said my new coat reminded him of French New Wave Actresses I did some hunting around and since I know, in my hearts of hearts the combo of the Emma Watson pixie cut and my taste in glasses will look more German architect then Parisian bombshell - I'm going to grow it out a little longer and add a fringe - I'm taking the following pictures of Danish actress Anna Karina and Zoey Deschanel along whenever I get around to booking a hair appointment

I think that's enough out of character talk about fashion and girly stuff from me...

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)