Skip to main content

Preparing to move & using up stuff.

I'm sorry I've been quiet on here - we're moving, it's exciting, we're buying a house, it's got a massive kitchen - all is well but I've not been in the head space to blog much - I'm sure you understand.

We're also in the process of trying to use up things, so we have less to move - which is leading to some interesting dinners. We've cancelled the veg box for a few weeks and we're eating everything - which means lots of root vegetables (tonight it's roasted beetroot, carrots and red onions in the left over pasta sauce from the pizzas we made with the frozen pizza bases we defrosted). Pencilled in for tomorrow is veggie haggis and root vegetables, pencilled in for Wednesday - when we should pick up the keys to our new house - is champagne and freezer food - specifically spinach bake things.

In an effort to use up stuff I decided to make a banana bread - and it was only mid way though mashing some bananas did I realise I didn't actually have any eggs (I used those up yesterday in fried egg and piri piri vegetable burger sandwiches yesterday) - The fact I didn't have any soured cream either didn't faze me I had milk and lemon juice. I've never tried using them to make butter milk or soured cream before but I figured it would work.

Anyway, I didn't need to - in a perfect example of why owning 300+ varied and random cookbooks is a good idea I found the one I wanted (I've only half wholeheartedly packed them), found a recipe for banana bread - which as an added bonus used up the molasses  some sugar and some apple sauce - and now we have pudding - yummy, freshly baked pudding, all without a trip to the corner shop....

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)