Skip to main content

Me and @BCWearn (Almost) 6 months on


I think this is my favorite picture of the last 6 months -  It's me getting ready to do my talk at LudoLunch (a family friendly game developer picnic in Oxford I co-hosted over the weekend). I suppose it's a nice sample of the kind of things we've been up o in the last 6 months since Brit was born.

I didn't really mean to take a massive break from the blog - I took a longer blog maternity leave then I did actually maternity leave - I suppose I didn't want to bore you about how great being a mam to such a wonderful little boy is. It's not that I've shielded him away from social media - there's plenty of Facebook pictures and he has his own twitter account (@BCWearn).

How Brit tweets

So I might start posting again, this might become a place I talk about gaming with a baby, or family friendly game developer events, or possibly humble brag posts (Oh, I just don't know what to do with myself since my son sleeps through the night now) - but maybe not. I might also be a place where I get angry about unnecessarily gendered clothes, books or toys. It might be where I'm snarky about on-line baby groups (Which so far, I've been very good an kept in check and not asked questions like 'Does anyone know where you can get laudanum from these days?')

But whatever I use this account for - remembering I also have a work one too - I'll try and post a little more often, if can, if I remember =D

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)