Skip to main content

Adapting to a new kitchen & @staffscakeclub

We've moved house, which is great - because the house we've brought (like proper grown ups) has got a massive kitchen - in a slightly odd configuration - but it's huge, with exciting things like plugs, and worktop space, and space for a table. The old owners even left a massive bookcase perfect for the cookbooks


We've been in the new house a couple of months, but that have also been mentally buys months so I haven't really done much cooking, let alone big scale baking. I did make a grape jelly the other day, but that was more because I was annoyed we weren't eating the grapes in the fridge and I was in a waste-not want-not kind of mood. It's also handy having Charlotte up the street who could lend me a straining bag, even if we had to google picture to work out to the assemble it (also, only 1 out of 3 supermarkets in Stafford had pectin! I had to send Pete to Tesco on his way home.)

Anyway, a weekend without major things to do resulted in some serious baking:

in my head, when I bake I like to think I'm on a tv program and make sure I have all the ingredient out in front of me.
a couple of methodical hours later:
Ta-da - apple pie cake from The Boy Who Bakes
There's another reason for making a massive cake - I actually hardly ever make one, usually because 2 people can't easily eat a whole cake made for 12-16 people without being very ill. Luckily Jess was coming around for coffee, she's taken some for Neil and I'm sure my office mate Chris will eat some tomorrow....

Which bring me onto exciting news, I'm clearly not alone in this this, little cakes are lovely, but massive wodge slices of cake are much more fun - which is why Charlotte & I have joined The Clandestine Cake Club and we're hosting our first event in Stafford on the 9th of May.

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)