Skip to main content

When life gets in the way of blogging...


I'm not entirely sure how it came to be April, the first quarter of 2013 has gone a bit quick. I suppose some updates are in order:

  • We're all moved into our new house - there's a whole gallery of pics up on my Facebook  but we've given up the keys to the old one in The O.G., got our deposit back and settled into our lovely new house.
Thank you to everyone that sent cards, house warming presents and good wishes to us, and thank you to the gods of buying houses and moving furniture that they smiled down upon us (well, taking a small sacrifice of the glass in the cocktail bar, but it will rise again)
via Boing Boing



  • We finally have Internet again - ok, we've had it for a few weeks, but it took a month to sort out, and I think this is the first spare minute I've had to write anything. while we didn't have any internet - it naturally knocked out my Steam collection for a while I reaslied I was only 2 expansions away from completing my entire set of Sims 2 stuff - and since I'd been meaning to reinstall it for a while this was the perfect opportunity. It's also cemented in my head Sims 2 is better than Sims 3 - and no, I still haven't got SimCity - bt I don't think I'll have time to play it till I come back from the states so it will be a July purchase.


    • I survived the week at the NEC helping out with the Make Something Unreal Live Comp at The Gadget Show Live - a good time was had by all. I did learn that I value having a coffee first thing in the morning enough to warrant buying a kettle..
    The Staffs Games Design team (more of less) at the NEC
    Playing Express Risk - I might even have won 


    Not much else really - or there probably is but it doesn't come to mind - roll on May for Fdg2013 and the last meeting of the Able project then NOLA2013 in June!

    Popular posts from this blog

    It's only a bit of snow

    Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

    How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

    Pete and I went to Cosford

    2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)