Skip to main content

Catch 22 - My very ill PC.


I know my ailing PC isn't long for this world but this is the current issue:

If I switch it on it tells me Windows is corrupted, in the config sys., and to use a disk and repair it (I can't find the recovery disk at the moment but that isn't the major issue - or it is, but a different issue if you get me. I've found the recovery disk, it was in Pete's desk!!)

I want to install ubuntu - or at least something that gives me enough access so I can install the download of windows 7 I have waiting on Pete's Portable hard drive, and ideally save whatever files I can from it. I have an ubuntu disk and the first time I fired it up with the disk in the drive it worked, liked magic. This was fine but the inbuilt security software on my passport disk wasn't Linux compatible so I had to plug that into my netbook to disable the security software and hoped that worked.

Any subsequent switching on attempts have led to the aforementioned corrupted windows, and the kicker is if I try and access BIOS, to tell it to boot from the CD (to load Ubuntu) the PC switches off, without warning.

Any thoughts before I take a sledgehammer to it?


Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)