Skip to main content

Great British Bake Off - Semi Finals

I'm a few days behind again, but I'm not 100% sure who left, I've an inkling.

Contestants - Brendan, Danny, James and John are left. Brendan is still a little creepy, but I suspect he may be this years win. It will be well deserved, i just can't warm to him.

Since when did John want his life to be a pastry based, isn't he studying law? Although I gather things like this are life changing.

Signature - petit fours - small, exquisite, perfect, 3 baking elements I'm rubbish at. I don't even really like eating petit fours, I always get slightly bored with macaroons. No one makes 'proper' coconut macaroons any more do they?

Gosh, Danny's look pretty though, but there does appears to be lots of hiding things under icing sugar.

Technical Challenge - Frasier Cake - I don't think I've ever seen one, or eaten one. That all looks a nightmare to make.  Oh poor Danny, that doesn't look good. Even I held my breath when Brendan was moving his onto the plate.  I'm not sure how they manage not to give away anything during the judging, but I'm guessing that's clever camera work.

Showstoppers - choux pastry - ever since my brother did a catering GCSE, and we had to eat a lot of profiteroles because they were part of his exam and I've never really wanted one since. All of this patisserie nonsense is leaving me cold, Fancy cake just don't appeal to me at all.

Glad James got Star Baker. So sorry to see Danny go. Not sure on an all male final, but I'm a little bit desperate for James to win. More annoyingly I'm not back in the uk until Thursday....

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)