Skip to main content

Slow Cooking One Week On

So, I brought a slow cooker - having turned to the internet for support last week. Admittedly, we had a busy weekend anyway, and the Pete was on holiday for a week - not necessarily the best planned time - but on the flip side we did have veg to use up.

We have ordered 2 cookbooks -
 

(Numbers #277 & #278 on NomBooks)

I've also been tagging any tweets about it with #genericstew - after something I read on a mumsnet page about slow cookers.

So far we've done:

Monday -  a Veggie Chilli - Using the only vegetarian recipe that came with the slow cooker. Getting home at 7:30pm to the smell of it cooking was really lovely. It also meant Pete got to go out to an Open Mic night. The leftovers went towards my lunch the next day.

Tuesday - We had a rather large Butternut squash to use up so I found the recipe - although I cheated and didn't saute anything, just chucked it in - I also suspect I over filled it, but we'll see. There is something strange about chopping veg while you have your breakfast. Hopefully I'll have made enough for us both to have left overs on Wednesday too.

Wednesday -  Pete cooked 'proper food', well, mushroom pasta

Thursday - slow cooked mushroom And borlotti bean stew, with a kohl rabi I forgot to inventory? I also still have left overs from Tuesdays stew for lunch...

The weekend - ok, no slow cooker action Friday or Saturday... Apart from Friday lunch time where I'm still eating leftovers from Tuesday....

The real test we suppose is next week, when we're both back in work is how useful it becomes then. But so far we've been impressed with the results from our experiments...

One thing we have nticed, it's really weird to be chopping veg in the morning....

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)