Skip to main content

#WearnKitchenMakeover - Cooking in Chaos

I am currently between ovens - as we're mid way in the 2 week kitchen renovation - which I know is a terribly short time in the scheme of things, but it doesn't help. It boils down to this - you don't notice how much you use the hob, or the grill till you don't have one.

We've set up a makeshift kitchen, set up in the dining room - all the essentials - microwave, toaster, kettle, toastie maker, coffee grinder - and the dishwasher is still working - which is good since what little room around the sink is full of ramekins full of nails.


The worst of it is the not being able to find things - the dining room is currently full of boxes, which also means there's no room to put anything, or do anything - it took me 10 mins of going through bags of things to find chocolate spread to put on some french bread for pudding (I gave up trying to find a bread knife, so I tore it in satisfying hunks of baguette)


I know it will end soon - I'm not entirely sure when the plumber / gas man is returning to connect the new/old cooker - but as soon as the kitchen is tiled at least we'll have room to prep food etc. I'm already working on what to cook first in my oven =D


Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)