Skip to main content

#WearnKitchenMakeover - Microwave Cuisine

Until I have an oven back I'm a little stuck on what to cook - luckily Brit is in Nursery full time and gets fed plenty there so week days so far haven't been too much of a issue - I'm not entirely sure what to do over the weekend although I'm pretty sure it's going to involve eating lunch out.

I've also been pretty determined not to fall into the takeaway trap - and since our last one from somewhere that used to be good was really disappointing I'm saving that up for a treat. So, we've been good - sort of.



So far we've utilised the racelette, the slow cooker (Morocco veg strew, with the left over raclette potatoes and veggies) - I'm also grateful for whichever website / pinterest that recommended using the microwave to perfectly cook sweetcorn. I do have a camping gas ring I could use, but I don't really have anywhere safe to put it.

I also decided to raid the exciting world of freezer to microwave cuisine. I don't usually buy convenience food - I'm always taken back by the price, but I know you're paying for a lot of the work to be done for you. I had a pasta meal - fine, but it barely fed one person, there's no way it would feed two - and at £1.50 each I'm sure for £3 I could make enough to feed a small army and they wouldn't need to eat half a baguette too. At least Pete will have something to come back from Jam Night to.

Tomorrow night is going to be rice, fish and sweet corn a-la microwave I think. I expect not to be able to time it correctly so at least some of it will be cold, but it feels like a complete meal at least.

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)