Skip to main content

RIP My beloved Spork

It's not a good sign when you have a dream about cutlery, worse still when your favorite piece of 'eating leftovers at work related' cutlery - my wonderful £2.99 bright pink Light My fire Spork.


In fact, I've been meaning to write a post about how useful this bit of camping kit is when it comes to sharing a kitchen, and a dwindling selection of miss matched, orphaned and donated cutlery with however many people use the little kitchen next to me (maybe it's time for a cutlery amnesty - I can't be the only person with contraband cutlery at home can I?) - this cheap little gadget, brought randomly from the National Trust shop at Shugborough House,  has done me well for months - unusually for a bit of multi purpose cutlery all of the relevant sections are the right size to both use in Tupperware and to eat from.

Back to the dream - which was random at best - but the section I remember and oddly the bit that pertains to the spork; For some reason my boss and I were in the students union in Stoke (which looked like the SU at Glamorgan Uni, or at least how I remember it to be) when Pete Jones from Dragon's Den handed me a mangled broken version of my spork. And no, I don't know what he was doing in my dream / in the Stoke / Glamorgan SU.

Flash forward to this morning, and as I pack my lunch bag I hear a snap and had that sickening feeling of knowing exactly what had died...

So, RIP little pink Spork - I hope the Mark II lives up to your legacy...

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)