Skip to main content

Meat Fest Continued...

 I've realised now why I was so keen to cook meat while Pete was away, it's less to do with the meat, and more to do with reinvigorating my cooking. The busier we've got, the more in a rutt it's become.

Bar the roast chicken, everything I've done so far I'm trying to work out how I could adapt for a vegetarian diet. I think I've tried to do the cannellini beans and chorizo with cod (Nigella suggests this as an alternative) and fake chorizo but as so often with meat substitutes, they don't have the fat to carry it off. But I've got some nice ideas about replacing the chorizo with slow cooked peppers in smoked paprika, or maybe chargrilled sweet ones - they would work too.

What I have made are copy cat egg McMuffins to take to work - my bowl of cereal didn't quite cut it for me this morning - now I love McDonald's breakfast sausage, and I've never understood why you can only really get it in Scotland (ironically where Pete is on tour) - so I had to substitute generic sausage with quite fancy pork square sausage, of a far better quality then the dish deserves, but I'm pretty sure I could make these up with veggie burgers and they'd look the part if nothing else.


I will however see how my fancy meat ones go down first.

{breakfast update}

2 mins in the work microwave = nom!!



Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)