Skip to main content

Food Diary - Germany Edition

We're not long back from a trip to Germany - which was many shades of awesome, and one of the stand out things was the food. I kept a food diary for once (I'll let my husband blog about the veggie offerings, but my fears were misplaced, everywhere we went had a choice of veggie options, with no fan fare)

Anyway - this is from a week, in Augsburg & Muinch. We were visiting a friend so some meals were family meals - which always makes food taste better

---

Monday - Hueveros Rancheros at Giraffe, lunch with Anna's mums - roasted tomatos and a couscous salad . Pretzels. Peppermint tea. Beer.

Tuesday - Nordsee cold fish finger type thing, chips with tartar sauce, tiny weeny Cokes. Ice cream. Schnitzel with Bavarian pasta and mushrooms. Beer. A pretzel waiting for Pete and Anna to come back from running.


Wednesday - coffee and Apple cake (in a weird, dated coffee shop) Hofbräuhaus! Brockwurst, German potato salad, pretzels and bread. Beer, more beer. Coke a Colas, afri Colas, meatcakes and salad, beer.


Thursday - ice cream, beer, beer, iced coffee, salami bagel, buckets of fizzy water and the best gnocchi with gorgonzola I've ever eaten, polished off with half a lovely tiramasu

Friday, iced coffee, pretzel, fanta, pizza, water, ice cream, tofu cabonara, salad from a salad bowl the size of my head, frozen bellinis, beer, caprinahs... Oh dear god, I've aquired a glow stick, I'm drinking very alcoholic, over priced cocktails and I'm dancing to a Justin Timberlake / Beyonce megamix in a cloud of dry ice.... Kebab (but an excellent kebab, probably the best I've had since I was in turkey)



Saturday - a hangover curing afri-cola, a salami bagel, half a pretzel and coffee. Ice tea, another kebab (maybe not as good as last nights, but still good) and a sprite.


Sunday - self baked pretzels, but with jam this time, summer vegetable stew, with spinach pizza and a plum crumble with plums stolen from next doors tree (at Anna's mothers house) then a final coffee in PowWow / MomMob (There's been a falling out with the owner, who is on the run, so they've turned the sign upside down - genius). Beer, salami sandwich and potato wedges with sour cream at theHofbräuhaus concession at the airport before heading home.



---

So, that's a week of food - I should probably do this more often, but I can tell you just from glancing at it, I really like beer and pretzels, and I'm determined to try and make my own at some point.

What I also notice, is at no point do I mention breakfast - that's because I had the same thing every morning, cold meat, cheese, lovely crustry bread, tomatos, yogurt and fresh fruit - and strong, wonderful, life affirming coffee





Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)