Skip to main content

Digital Sources and Recipes

This thread on Reddit about what point cookbooks have in the digital age got me thinking. First up, it was nice that so many other people said the same thing I did, cookbooks are a nice get away from the digital world, and their great for inspiration. If I didn't have cookbooks I wouldn't even think about making half the things I do.

I do use digital things, Pinterest is a great source of inspiration, and I've spoken about that before (and for my sins, I've got a baked blueberry oatmeal recipe in the oven as we speak I spotted on there). Similarly I use Evernote to nab them in one place, and share them. All of these are linked at the top of the page. It's great to be able to think of something to make for dinner, inspired by something you've read, or something in the veg box, and quickly google for a recipe that either matches or you can adjust and make for dinner.

There's also a few blogs I keep my eye on - some are listed on the right, and a few others, like A Beautiful Mess, have food posts nestled in amongst other lifestylee things. We try and eat seaonsably, so it's not always that useful to read so many US based blogs, and resources like the bbc and good food are great if you know what yo're looking for, they just aren't fab for browsing. Some of the apps I use on my phone I'll also look at on this blog 

For all my love of cookbooks I have however made much more use of digital notebooks then I have the two or three physical recipe notebooks we have, saved for our singed, cake splattered, battered hand written one.

But for all of this digital sharing, there's something very lovely about curling up and flicking though a cookbook - or sharing a cookbook - my best friend currently has my tapas books because she's maybe planning something along those lines. I'm pretty sure what we ate would be very different if we did that.


Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)