Skip to main content

Great British Bakeoff 2012 - Episode 5

Half way through already... Gosh, time goes quick.  This week, pies, mmm, pies.

Contestants
Ok, now I've found the official blog I've got a much better idea of who everyone is, and how to spell names., I'll go back and correct any misspellings.

I'm slightly worried about Sarah-Jane. I'm pretty sure she won't win, but I think she's easily my favourite female baker.  I'm hoping Cathryn gets Star Baker. She seems lovely but she doesn't seem to be doing so well in fan adoration on twitter. That camp is firmly begin James & John.

Mind you Ryan wasn't doing well either, but then he's messing with a Key Lime Pie, he doesn't deserve to stay - he looks amazed though.

Ok, I can't tell now, but I'm pretty sure Manisha is done for.  

Signature - fnarr, fnarr, 8inches long. I live with a veggie, and I think I've only attempted a mushroom Wellington once. I'm much more comfortable with a savoury roulade. I do love a salmon one, but I'm not sure on some of the meat ones. They do all look pretty good, I love the big breakfast one.

Technical - hand raised pies, that's an interesting one, should sort the man from the boys etc etc. Hot water crust pastry is the only thing my veggie husband says he misses. That and salami. Pastry is problematic enough at the best of times.

Making them sleep overnight to be judges is very harsh, I'd eat all of those...

Showstopper - I love 'American Pies', key lime Is my favourite, or pumpkin, or sweet potato. I don't understand not wanting more then one slice, but then I'd happily eat an entire one. I've spent ages practicing these kind of things, it will be interesting to see how they make them. The recipe John is following is closest to the one I follow.

Yep, I don't think anyone was surprised at Manisha leaving, but more pastry next week..

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)