Skip to main content

Great British Bake Off - Episode 7

I'm only a day behind this time, and I've a feeling I know who got star baker from following lots of them on twitter

Contestants

I love the look on Cathryn's face every episode is great, she really doesn't look impressed. I've warmed to her, I'm sure I'll see her cook book on family baking adoring a shelf in sainsbury's this time next year. 

I think it's only Ryan and Brendan I don't like. I'm sure they're lovely really.

I don't imagine one of my faves, Sarah Jane will make it through, I do hope Ryan doesn't make it though either, but that's personal really.I don't think John will make it either, hich will be a shame.

Signature - buns. Another yeast bread thingy. I really don't do bread stuff. Well, I like eating them but I've no desire to run off and do these. They all look amazing though.

Technical challenge- ooooh, doughnuts. I have made them, well, not with jam in them, I made beignets last year for the students when I themed  lesson around Mardi gras, but they weren't jam filled. Smaller doughnuts are much easier to deal with.

Show stopper - festive celebration breads, another one I've not done, well, I have made 12th night bread/ cake.  In fact, unless it's been for a specific thing, I don't know anyone who attempts one of these at Christmas. Maybe I should.

...

So, I was right on both the star baker, Dannie, well deserved I think. And it's not surprising to see Sarah Jane go, but she does seem lovely. I hope she continues to be on telly etc. I'm now also rather hoping Cathryn might win, or at least a runner up. 

Biscuits next week, having just followed a recipe to the letter and m still sure they were under baked I'm just glad that's not me.


Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)