Skip to main content

Great British Bakeoff 2012 - Episode 6

I'm really late posting this up

Contestants

Ok, there's 7 of them left. I now have favourites, the cheerful vicars wife, who I don't think will win, but she seem lovely.. I'm rooting for her and the student lads, John and James. Please let them do a show / book together.

They defiantly seem all a bit more intense, I'm sure they weren't this tense at this point in previous competitions.

I suspect Brendan is in the running to win, I hope not, but he's constant, unless he has a major melt down at some point.

I'd really like Dannie to get star baker this week, I'm pretty sure she'd explode with happiness. I'm finding Brendan a bit creepy.

Signature Bake - sponge puddings, I'd love to see someone use a microwave - which I have done. I've done steamed sponge pudding, but it's one of those things that sometimes its better out of a tin / microwave. They also make them in tiny individual portions which makes them great for work.

I'm not sure I really fancy any of these though.  I'm sure they're all lovely, but unless I need the food equivalent of a hug I tend to leave them along.

Technical Challenge - queen of puddings. I'm pretty sure I've made this, well, assembled it from pre made bits and piece and topped it with a meringue. I do love the way the add science bits into the descriptions too.

Showstoppers - Strudle, I make these a lot, but I've never considered making my own super thin pastry. I quite like a doughy pastry anyway. It's nice to see them do some savoury ones. I've been known to do a mushroom one for winter dinner parties, a really nice recipe to wheel out.

Ooooh, two out next week.  That's impressive, but I can't help thinking that might be a bit easier to pick 2 to leave.

Popular posts from this blog

It's only a bit of snow

Uni is closed, no idea if we're open tomorrow =(

How long before Foursquare suggests I may have a problem ;)

Pete and I went to Cosford

2011-03-27 12.52.30 , originally uploaded by wormella . Woot! Planes - who doesn't love a lovely free museum full of exciting planes, cause we do. And excellent Sunday afternoon day trip (we even managed to swing by Waitrose on the way home to pick up some yummy pies for dinner) - Which all happily coincided with the first proof of concept of a multiplayer game between me, Pete, Gaz and in theory dad, who has a far more exciting life then we do and therefore was busy and couldn't make it. And we've been playing this on Steam.. (feel free to buy it , add us on Steam and join us in the skies sometime)